Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Designer Spotlight: Mari Lynn Patrick

If you buy as many crochet and knit magazines as I do you will definitely see this name pop up every time. Mari Lynn Patrick definitely makes the list as one of my FAVORITE DESIGNERS EVER! I love that her patterns are classic yet, so unique. And I love that she designs for both genres of knit and crochet.

The main magazines you will see Mari Lynn Patrick's designs in are: Vogue Knitting, Knit Simple, and Crochet Today.

One of my first wearable pieces was designed by her. It was the Versatile Vest in the March/April 2009 issue of Crochet Today. I have worn it about 3 times this winter and I even made my mother one. The next design of hers I made was The Julia Jacket from the November/December 2011 issue of Crochet Today.

Great Fact: Mari Lynn's Patrick designs have been featured in Vogue Knitting since the beginning of its relaunch.

Ok, I could go on and on about her greatness but, let me show you some brief pics of the items I made from her designs:
The Julia Jacket (crochet, Red Heart Super Saver)
The Versatile Vest (crochet, Red Heart Super Saver)

Some of my favorite designs by her:




Simply stunning!!

Photos Source: Ravelry

No comments:

Post a Comment