Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Book Review: The Knitter's Handbook by Debbie Stoller

I don't know a knitter out there who doesn't own this book. It's like a required item for your knitting library. I bought this book about 6 months after I had been knitting and I loved it. Even though it wasn't the book that taught me to knit, it was definitely a book the helped me in my knitting journey.

I do love the hip way Debbie Stoller talks about knitting. And even though I am not a fan of the profanity, I got over it.



The Book Features:
The Story of Debbie Stoller's Knitting
Some History of Knitting
Famous Knitters
Basic Techniques
35 Patterns

What Could Have Been Better:
Color pages throughout
Less innuendos and colorful language

A few of my favorite patterns:
Peppermint Twist
Pippi Kneestockings
Big Back Baby Blanket
Big Sack Sweater
Pinup Queen
Little Black Top
Cowl and Howl Set

Overall, this book is a must-have for all knitters out there. I really love it and I am constantly re-reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment