Monday, February 20, 2012

About Me


Hi. My name is Constance and I LOVE knitting and crocheting. For awhile now I have been contemplating starting a blog to talk about all things knit and crochet---while also throwing in a few crafting ideas.

So, how did I get started knitting and crocheting you ask?
My desire to start knitting came in 2007 because I wanted a hobby that was rewarding. My sister, Alison dabbled in knitting but, didn't continue for long. She then picked up crocheting and became consistent with that. However, I wanted to learn to knit before crocheting because I figured crocheting would be the easier of the two and I wanted to start off with the more difficult one. When I first started knitting I learned from a kit my sister Joy bought me from Hobby Lobby. I think it was called Learn to Knit Kit. It came with a book, 2 sets of needles, and some notions. She also bought me 2 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver in hot pink and soft pink (Pink is my FAVE color). So, I began learning from a book and never looked back. I would eventually buy even more books and become engrossed with knitting. My fist finished projects came from the Leisure Arts book "I Can't Believe I'm Knitting!" I made a flower brooch and a dishcloth. You don't know how proud I was of those finished objects.

Now as for crocheting (I also started in 2007), it actually took me a minute to learn how to hold that hook. I don't know if it was difficult because I learned knitting first but, I was having a time! I asked my sister, Alison, to teach me since she had been crocheting for awhile. However, she wasn't the best teacher :-) So, I kinda put the hook down and picked my needles back up. Then, I went to spend some days at my ex-boyfriends home and I saw that his mother had created a gorgeous crochet afghan. I started asking her about crocheting and she decided to show me some basic stitches. For some reason, I eventually caught on and I never looked back. As soon as I got back home, I purchased Leisure Arts "I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting" and "A Year of Doilies" (the vintage girl in me always adored doilies). My first projects were a baby blanket for a friend and a doilie for my ex's mother, which they both loved.

What will this blog focus on?
I plan on talking about all things knit and crochet from current projects, to finished objects, my FAVE designers, my fave yarns, Book Reviews, magazine reviews, and so much more!

I hope you enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment